Sounds good, doesn’t it? Here’s how I did it:
First – I roughly cribbed this recipe for Pumpkin-Walnut Bread with some modifications. Here’s my take on the recipe:
Pumpkin Cranberry Bread
2 cups all purpose flour (I used a gluten free mix, since gluten and I aren’t buds)
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp cinnamon, nutmeg and ground ginger
1/2 cup butter, room temperature.
3/4 cup sugar
1 cup pureed pumpkin
2 eggs, room temperature.
1/2 cup yogurt
1/2 cup milk
1 tsp vanilla
3/4 cup fresh cranberries
1. Preheat oven to 325 and grease a loaf pan.
2. Stir flour, rising agents and spices together, set aside.
3. Stir milk and yogurt together, set aside. I like to leave this for 20 minutes or so until it comes to room temperature. If not, you risk seizing the butter in step 6.
4. Cream butter and sugar together until smooth.
5. Add vanilla and eggs, stir until smooth.
6. Alternate milk/yogurt mixture with dry flour mixture until combined. Add in cranberries and stir until just combined.
7. Pour into greased pan and bake for about an hour or until toothpick comes out clean.
For even more indulgence, I’m spooning some of uncanny‘s Lemon Ginger Syrup over top, but I’m sure it would be equally delicious with a simple icing sugar glaze/sprinkle. Enjoy!